Welcome to the Hopper Kadé Menu
Sri Lankan born, Australian made.
We hero healthy ingredients and authentic flavour profiles to create an exciting twist on Colombo’s famous street food.
Kadé curries – the heat at the heart of every dish.
Perfected over generations, now shared with you, these original family recipes are bursting with goodness. Quality ingredients and fresh spices showcase rich, authentic Sri Lankan flavour profiles and seasonal veg.
Ever the traditionalist, Grandma would be proud of our curries, if not the way we serve them.
- Colombo Chicken – free range, antibiotic-free Halal chicken, twice marinated and slow cooked for tenderness.
- Beef curry – prime cuts of beef marinated in Lankan spices and slow cooked for eight hours.
- Yellow split pea dahl curry – wholesome split peas and red lentils cooked in a coconut curry sauce with mustard seeds.
w t f ?
bit like a crepe,
bit like a pancake
but much, much more …
What’s that flavour? Tarte, tasty and naturally probiotic, hoppers are made from fermented batter. Choose your filling and get the party started.
Our signature dish. Soft, naturally probiotic rice-flour hoppers make the perfect edible bowls or dipping strips for your favourite Sri Lankan curry.
All boxes come with a serve of bowl hoppers, and string hoppers in a nest of turmeric and coconut gravy, mallung greens, fragrant rice and coconut sambol.
choose from a range of traditional Sri Lankan drinks like arrack (try with ginger ale), lion larger and lassies to your favourite soft (and hard) drinks …
still water (4)
sparkling water (5)
coke no sugar (4)
orange iced tea (7.5)
ginger beer (6)
lemmy lemonade (6)
mcpherson, sauvignon blanc (8)(24)
la vue, pinot gris (10)(40)
torbreck woodcutters rvm (14)(57)
mcpherson, cab merlot (8)(24)
torbeck curvée juveniles (16)(57)
lion lager (9)
a taste of Sri Lanka for kids. Help kids embrace the moment with delicious milder versions of our dishes.
With no empty carbs, no fat, no refined sugar and no artificial colouring, you can help them explore in confidence.
– Plain Hopper bowl (add steamed egg+3) (2.5)
– Roti stuffed with rice, braised beef, yoghurt & slaw (12)
– Egg Hopper with beef, and cheese (11)
– Plain roti with side of dahl curry (10)
– Fruit pot (8)